Intensive outpatient treatment – more commonly referred to as IOP – is a level of clinical care that provides clients with intensive therapy five days a week, and the flexibility to return home every evening. It is generally recommended that individuals who are suffering from a moderate or severe substance abuse disorder complete a multi-phased continuum of care, which includes medical detox, inpatient rehab, intensive outpatient treatment, and aftercare. However, if an individual is suffering from a mild substance abuse disorder, IOP might be a sufficient route of treatment. There are several other reasons why IOP would be an ideal option, including:
- The individual in question has prior engagements that cannot be entirely neglected. This might be the case if he or she is the sole caregiver for a dependent or a sick relative, or if he or she cannot step away from a career for long enough to attend inpatient treatment.
- The individual recently experienced a relapse but maintained a prolonged period of sobriety beforehand. This is only the case if the relapse lasted for a short period (for example, several weeks or a month).
- The individual has no underlying mental health concerns or any other significant conditions or concerns that might be better treated in an inpatient setting.
Looking for a Tricare Outpatient Drug Rehab Center?
If you or your loved one needs drug addiction treatment and inpatient rehab is not an ideal option, Recreate Life Counseling is available to help. Our Tricare Certified IOP Program is comprehensive and provides the same level of clinical care found in drug rehab – with more personal freedom, and the ability to take care of what needs to be taken care of at home. Additionally, we work with major health insurance providers to make our Tricare IOP drug rehab program as accessible as possible to those in need.
Tricare Insurance and IOP Drug Rehab
According to the Tricare website, most IOP programs are covered in full. Tricare is a health insurance provider that offers comprehensive healthcare to military personnel (both active and non-active) and their loved ones. Unfortunately, there is a clearly defined link between military veterans and substance abuse. Many veterans begin self-medicating once they have completed their time spent as active-duty members. Substance abuse and dependence develop for several reasons, including:
- Active military personnel is often exposed to several traumatic experiences, including the death of close friends and the trauma associated with active combat.
- Not knowing what to do with their lives or what direction to take once active combat has come to a close and they return home to their day-to-day lives.
- Feelings of isolation and loneliness, and feeling as if their loved ones can no longer understand them or fully grasp what they are going through.
Regardless of the reasoning behind substance abuse, it is important to understand that addiction is a progressively worsening disease and that even if it has not yet resulted in severe personal consequences, it inevitably will. Commit to getting the help you need and contact Recreate Life Counseling today to learn more about our individualized IOP program.
Recreate Life Counseling – Intensive IOP Programming
At Recreate Life Counseling we work hard to provide the same quality of clinical care in every level of treatment we provide. If you or someone you love has been suffering from active addiction and has recently completed an extended stint with the armed services, we are available to help. We also offer completely free health insurance benefit checks to men and women who are insured, but who are unsure as to how much of the recovery experience is going to be covered. To learn more about coverage options or to learn more about IOP or any of our other treatment programs, give us a call today.