Alcohol abuse, drug addiction, and various mental health disorders are ongoing problems for members of the United States Military, and scarred veterans that come home after a tour are often in search of Tricare health insurance drug treatment. As the number one provider of insurance benefits to the military, Tricare plays a big role in this and Tricare certified drug rehabs can support you along the way.
The National Institute on Drug Abuse talks about substance use among military members:
The stresses of deployments and the unique culture of the military offer both risks and protective factors related to substance use among active-duty personnel. Deployment is associated with smoking initiation, unhealthy drinking, drug use, and risky behaviors. More than one in ten veterans have been diagnosed with a substance use disorder, slightly higher than the general population. One study found that the overall prevalence of substance use disorders among male veterans was lower than rates among their civilian counterparts when all ages were examined together. (NIDA)
Alcohol is the most prevalent substance abused by military members, however, nicotine, opioids, illicit drugs, and other substances are also widely abused. Substance use disorders affect everyone, including active and retired military personnel. If you’re searching for Tricare health insurance drug treatment, then you’re in the right place.
What Is Tricare Health Insurance?
Tricare is a supplemental healthcare program for active and retired military service members and their families. It is formerly known as the Civilian Health and Medical Program of the Uniformed Services.
Tricare is a program of the United States Department of Defense Military Health System and covers all branches of the military including the Coast Guard, Commission Core, U.S. Public Health Service, and Commission Core of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Association.
More About Tricare Health Insurance Plans
Tricare offers several different plans, and all plans meet or exceed the standards of the Affordable Care Act. There are eight different programs available.
- Tricare Prime – Prime provides coverage in specific locations in the US that are considered “prime” locations.
- Tricare Prime Remote – Prime Remote provides coverage in more remote areas of the US as well as some places overseas.
- Tricare Standard and Extra – Requires a paid fee but members do not have to enroll to receive services.
- Tricare Standard Overseas – This plan provides comprehensive coverage for people overseas.
- Tricare for Life – This plan is Medicare coverage that provides additional help for people that have Medicare Part A and Part B.
- Tricare Reserve Select – This is a premium plan that provides coverage to qualified reserve members and their family members.
- Tricare Retired Reserve – This is a premium plan that provides coverage for retired members under the age of 60 and their family members.
- Tricare Young Adult – This plan provides coverage for young adult children that do not qualify for any other Tricare coverage.
Tricare does work with in- and out-of-network providers. Typically in-network providers offer full coverage with very little out-of-pocket expense. If an out-of-network provider is chosen, then the patient may have to pay more out-of-pocket or file the claims on their own and seek reimbursement. There are also Tricare certified drug rehab programs, such as Recreate Life Counseling in Boynton Beach, Florida.
Our Tricare Health Insurance Drug Treatment Center
Changes were made to Tricare in 2017, and they now cover addiction treatment. This change includes treatment for alcohol, opioid addiction, and other substance abuse issues. Each person’s plan is different, so the services covered will vary. However, some of these services may include:
- Medical Detox
- Inpatient services
- Intensive outpatient treatment
- Residential treatment
- Partial Hospitalization programs
- Intervention programs
- Medication-assisted treatment
- Family therapeutic services
Tricare does typically cover alcohol and drug rehab treatment, and some treatment centers are certified with Tricare. However, many factors come into play when trying to determine what treatment services may be covered by Tricare. Which plan the individual has, where they live, type of treatment needed, and the legal requirements are all things that are considered when determining coverage. Certain qualifications have to be met for Tricare to cover certain treatment options like inpatient or intensive outpatient services. We are a Tricare drug rehab center because our facility is certified by the insurance company.
Treatment for Addiction With a Tricare Certified Rehab Facility
If you or someone you love is struggling with an addiction, our addiction specialists are available around the clock to assist you. Recreate Life Counseling offers evidence-based addiction treatment. Our cutting-edge addiction treatment will lead you on a road to long-lasting recovery. At Recreate Life Counseling, we love our military members. We are here to help you. You don’t have to suffer any longer, call to learn more about our Tricare insurance drug treatment program.